Sunday, November 10, 2013

Are You Sick, Addicted or Depressed?


Right now I want to make a ballot with three possible boxes for my husband to check:

Are you physically sick? _______

Are you depressed? ______

Are you in your addiction?______

Because sometimes it is hard for me to tell.  All three look basically the same around here.

I could ask him, of course, as in have a conversation, but when he's in a state like this, his answers stir up more questions than they answer.  Such as "Do I believe him?" or "I wonder what the real truth is?"


Rebuilding a marriage out of the wreckage of sexual addiction is hands-down the most difficult task I have ever attempted, and today that task is beating me to a pulp.

A close recovery friend often reminds me that, "We are learning a new dance in our marriages, and we are bound to step on each other in the process."   I say AMEN.  We are figuratively stepping all over each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment